Outlook for Sending Email?

Is there any way to use Outlook for sending mail? My former office all use Outlook; I would rather not have to set up mail accounts on every machine to accommodate Panorama mail sending.

It depends on Outlook’s AppleScript capabilities. I don’t have OutLook but in the Script Editor you can see if you can open a library within OutLook. Then you’ll know.

Outlook has an AppleScript library.

Well, that means it might be possible to write a channel to use Outlook, but doing so will require knowledge of both Panorama and AppleScript programming. It’s not like it is just enabling a checkbox to get this working, it will be a significant programming project, assuming it can be done at all (that depends on what features are accessible in Outlook’s Applescript dictionary).

Here is a simple Outlook AppleScript I found with a quick online search:

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
    activate
    set myAccount to exchange account 1
    set newMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:"Test Report", content:"This is a test", account:myAccount}
    make new recipient at newMessage with properties {email address:{name:"my name", address:"*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"}}
    delay 5
    send newMessage
end tell

Might be a good starting point.

Thanks. I able to send a test message on the first try! Next, attachments.