No VIEW option to create Forms

The Panorama X file I am using does not have a View option on the menu. All I have are File, Edit, Records, Search, Field, Action, Window and Help. Therefore I cannot create Forms or edit procedures. Am I missing something?

That usually means you haven’t logged in to your account. Normally you should never log off unless you are planning on getting rid of the computer.

It says I am currently logged on - but it also says Panorama X (null) and in the email slot it says null. Not sure what that means. Linda M. Lee

I would be curious as to how you got it into that state, but I suppose we’ll never know now. I would suggest that you log off and then log on again.

I have just had this happen to me with one of our databases. The user shows as ‘(null)’, there is no way to sign out, and a password (probably understandably) brings up an error message.

How do I get out out of this? I tried reinstalling Panorama X, but that didn’t help.

Would logging the Mac OS user out help, or maybe some purging of a PanX prefs file of some sort?

Your Panorama preferences may have gotten corrupted somehow. There is no way to uncorrupt them, but they can be deleted using these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)

If you’ve set up any options in the Panorama X preferences window, you will need to set them up again.

What’;s the ‘com.provue.PanoramaX.plist.ER8Em0b’ file adjacent to the above? Its size shows as zero.

No idea. All of these files are maintained by Apple’s code, not by Panorama itself. That’s why I can’t tell you how to fix them, only how to erase them.