Movie formats supported

Does Panorama “Classic” support MP4 video playback?
If so, how does that work?

(I’m guessing not – I only see Quicktime’s “mov” container mentioned anywhere. :slight_smile: )

Thanks,

– Mark

I think it works, but I’m not sure. Panorama doesn’t actually implement video playback itself, it uses QuickTime. I think QuickTime will support .mp4, but I’m not 100% sure. If it does work, it would be using a Super Flash Art object, exactly the same as with a .mov file.

thanks for the reply.

It does not seem to like “mp4” files … even though QuickTime opens and plays them just fine.

I’m probably missing something important that triggers it to run – or simply show a “control bar”.

I have a sample db – I’m sure I’m just doing something dumb.
Is there a place to upload it so you can see it?
This does not work with either Panorama 6.x or Panorama X.

Thanks,

– Mark

You can just mail it to me Mark.

By the way, Panorama X Image Display objects don’t work with movies. I am planning on adding an object specifically for movies. In the meantime, you should also be able to use the Web Browser object to display movies.

I found that, if I changed the file extension from .mp4 to .mov, I could play it in a flash art object. It appears that Panorama has to recognize the extension as something QuickTime will play, before it will ask QuickTime to play it.

Wow!
That did the trick.
So – now I need to rename files just before playing. LOL!
Thanks, Dave!