Big Sur/Panorama bug crashing and refresh problem in data sheet

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for those who have updated to Big Sur (now at 11.2.1)
I know Panorama 10.1.2 has a crash problem. This is repeatable on my computer if I open the database and create a new record and quit, it will crash, but save that record.
For me though, it’s the data sheet screen refresh bug that is more problematic. If you’ve tabbed to a new field, you can’t see which field is active till you change records, or start entering data, or click out of Panorama to the finder or another program and click back in.
I’ve heard the new Panorama 10.2 beta still has this bug.
I’m hoping to hear that this problem is being worked on.
Thanks for all you do!

Mark

1 Like

Is there any progress?

I tried the Log On screen, but that is a trip down memory lane with 3 passwords I have on file. One I think is over 20 years old. But none of them worked. So I am getting a free trial offer. How do I confirm my current “credentials”?

If you have a password that is over 20 years old then that is certainly not for Panorama X.

The Panorama X logon screen expects your email address and password. Stan, I looked you up and you have an account with your gmail address. For your security, our system does not allow us to view the password you created. If you don’t remember it, you’ll have to reset the password using the lost password link in the logon screen. This will cause our server to send you an email that allows you to reset the password. This is the only way to reset the password.

Aha! I found two more passwords. I think the second of those will be it.

Nope nothing works. The log-in window on my new computer says “null” with no option to enter anything for the email line. The ostensible pw doesn’t work, getting a “server error” message. I do not want to start resetting passwords/credentials.

Your Panorama preferences may have gotten corrupted somehow. There is no way to uncorrupt them, but they can be deleted using these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)