Where do I submit bug reports, or ... do I submit bug reports

Is there a way to submit bug reports. Do I do it here? If I do, how would I attach a file?

Don’t know if this is a known issue, but when I start up Pan X, a new empty database is opened. If I close it before doing anything else, much of the File menu is disabled (greyed out). Only “Open”, “Find & Open…”, and “Database Options” are available. This means I have to select from “Open Favorites” or “Open Recents” before closing the new empty database, and then close that db after others are open. Not a big deal, but continually irritating, since I usually open Panorama from the dock.
Running Mac OS 10.11.6.

This is a long standing item that was entered into Bitbucket two years ago. Here is a link to that page:

Bugs are best entered in Bitbucket but make sure you search for items that have already been entered before submitting a new one to avoid duplicates .

Since you open Panorama X from the dock you should also know that you can open it to any recent file by clicking and holding the dock icon until the list of recent files pops up. Selecting your desired file will then open Panorama (if it is not already open) with the selected file active.

Thanks for the assist Gary.

As Gary mentioned, ideally bugs would be entered in Bitbucket, but I understand that that is additional work because if you haven’t done so already you have to set up a Bitbucket account before you can make submissions. So it’s ok if you want to submit them here on the forum. It’s not possible to add attachments to forum pages, but it is very easy to add images (for example screenshots), just drag them in. If you have a database or other file that you want to attach, you can email them to me (please compress them into a zip file first).

As Gary also mentioned, this particular bug has been around a long time, and I’ve spent quite a few hours trying to figure it out, without success so far. I’m probably going to take another crack at it in the near future.

Hip Hip Hooray!! I took another crack at this bug tonight, spent a few hours on it, and finally figured out how to fix this very long standing annoyance. It turned out to be a bug in Apple’s code, but I managed to figure out a workaround.

1 Like