Visual anomalies in DataSheet

I sort of recall there was a place to check if an issue has already been reported - some bit bucket place?

I’m experiencing:

1. When I change the justification of a field, the label doesn’t move with the data. For example, if it’s right-justified, and I change it to center, the data moves to center-justified but the label does not.

2. When I open a field by double-clicking on it, the content is shifted so the rightmost content is out of view. For example, “Aristocrat” only shows “Aristocra”. Happens with numeric and text.

3. When I click on a field name and slide it, it moves (shows an outline) but doesn’t stick in the new location. It bounces back. Though I miss the “design sheet” a little, I’m sure there’s another way to change the field order.

Of the three, the second problem, shifting of content to the right, out of sight, when I double click on a field, is the most aggravating.

This is normal, notice that the Finder does this also. We follow Apple’s lead on this.

This is a long standing Apple bug that I have never been able to figure out how to work around.

This is a known problem that only occurs on recent versions of macOS. I have fixed the problem but that fix isn’t released yet. In the meantime there is a Reorder Fields dialog that works (thank you to @gary for this one!)

Here is the link. No account is needed to view or search these items.

https://bitbucket.org/jimrea/panoramax/issues?status=new&status=open

Don’tcha just love it when you have to maintain someone else’s problems. I’d imagine you could offer a “pad” field option as I recall was in Pan6 (maybe that was just a TextEdit field) - but then people would use it and someday Apple will fix the problem and then the fields will have that extra pad that has to be handled.

SuperDuper - backup utility - was really messed up with Apple’s file changes and what you were permitted to do. No more backing a full system up to another drive for an easy switchover.