Summary table column width

Quick question (I hope).
How do I manually set the column width in a summary table? The help page refers to the width, but I couldn’t figure out what the diagram was showing, and how to do it… (putting lots of spaces next to the title doesn’t work!!!)

While I’m at it, I would have like to put some grammar into my data display, but haven’t been able to do that either. I can have 2 fields in the column, but when I try to introduce inverted commas, spaces and a hyphen, even with the whole in a bracket, it objects fiercely. This is my code:
summarytable(“groups”,"(InvoiceNo+InvoiceTo)",“total”,“Total”,“titles”,
“Invoice,Total”,“format”,“textlist nototals”,“windowglobal”,"")

To change the width of the first column you must supply a groupheadertemplate. For the other columns, you must supply a datacolumnheadertemplate. The format for these templates is described in the Custom Summary Templates section of the help page, which is near the bottom.

I don’t know what you mean by any of this. “grammar into data display”? “2 fields in the column”? Huh?

I notice you are using two fields for grouping. Is that what you mean? You could put text constants into that if you want, for example

summarytable("groups","(InvoiceNo+" - "+InvoiceTo)",...

If you want the numbers displayed differently, you can use the Custom Patterns feature, described in the documentation.

summarytable("groups","(InvoiceNo+" - "+InvoiceTo)",...

Thankyou. That is exactly what I was trying to do. It was also how I tried to do it - and on my computer it doesn’t work.
If I do the text you have written, the error message says “You can’t subtract…” - so I think it is interpreting the inverted comma an matching the previous one, despite the bracket...

The format for these templates is described in the Custom Summary Templates section of the help page, which is near the bottom.

Oh dear - there it is. I’m sorry, I jumped that section, not thinking I was after a template…

Oops, I made a boo boo. Should be.

summarytable("groups",{(InvoiceNo+" - "+InvoiceTo)},...

Perfect. Thankyou.