So the million dollar question, will Pan 6 work in Mojave?

As much as I have tried to move over to Pan X, it’s very easy just to do all of my work on Pan 6 which has worked perfectly for me for over a decade.
Not that I am avoiding Pan X, know that Jim has done a lot of work on it for years now, I am very comfortable with Pan 6, plus there are a lot of things that I do on Pan 6 that I still, even with help from more advanced Panorama users can’t duplicate on Pan X, especially when it comes to printing things up.

So the big question, will things work on Mojave. Supposedly Mojave is supposed to run only 64-bit programs which Pan 6 isn’t, but I am hearing that Apple is putting in some translator so that non 64-bit programs will still work.

So be very interested to see if we are going to be saved for another update and that Pan 6 will work with Mojave.

Bet a lot of people are in the same boat I am in.

As you probably already know, there was no mention of 32 bit apps in the keynote. Perhaps they will mention it in the Platform State of the Union session this afternoon.

Jim, I was a bit shocked that they didn’t give much information. Know that I have seen on several fronts that the new update would be 64-bit and that Apple was going to do some kind of emulator to make it work with old programs. I know personally, not to sound cheap, but have been using Photoshop CS5 for years now, I paid a lot for it, I don’t need anything else so it works for me. Know that if my copy of Photoshop doesn’t work with the new Apple System, then Panorama 6 probably won’t work, so hopefully, Apple has a way around it for a few years.
I sat through the whole 2 hours and 15-minute presentation wondering if there would be something that had some meat to the bone. I guess that there are probably a few things that people will find useful, but the days of being wowed with new creative innovation have been stymied by Apple. They have all of these people that do these projects, but at the end of the day finding another way to have siri do something for me is not up on my scale of creative innovations.
I do want to see Apple get these updates right on the first time, I am getting sick of having to update the system ever three weeks or so.
Again I am 62 years old and it’s very hard to teach an old dog new ways of doing things and I would love to have Pan 6 find five more years, even if it means I don’t update a computer for a few years. Who knows, maybe I will get Pan X and be able to live in harmony with it.

I’m still not sure what is going to happen in 10.14, but they definitely announced that 32 bit apps will be dropped in 10.15 (2019). Nothing about a compatibility mode, just dropped.

Sounds like good news which will give us a bit more time with older programs

Sorry but as you can tell, don’t know the difference from 32 or 64-bit

Sal, one option is to have a separate computer dedicated to your 32-bit apps and never update it beyond OS 10.13 or 10.14. If you need to move stuff between the two machines, you can easily network them.

I realize that and hope it doesn’t get that far. But I realize that Pan 6 can’t last forever.