Recent Menu doesn't show most used file

I have just opened a Panorama 6 file. Made 1 change in 1 record and Saved the file with the new extension. Then closed it. I wanted to reopen it and it was not in the Open Recent… listings. I then Opened it by navigating to its location and examination of the Database Options showed it to be set to ‘Exclude from the Recent Menu’.

Uncheck the box and you’ll be all set.

There have been very occasional reports that this option has spontaneously turned itself off. Very occasional as in about once a year. In fact, I think it happened once to me, though I’m not sure. I have no idea why this would happen or how to track it down. It appears that turning the option back off again fixes the problem, I haven’t heard of it coming back.

The ongoing problem of the ‘Exclude from Recent Menu’ is just not going away. That option is getting checked for some unknown reason over and over in my databases. I use a lot of databases and desire to have my Open Recent listings accurate. If this could be fixed, it would be appreciated. I’d rather the option to exclude not be there rather than regularly fail and exclude dbs on its own.

If that option didn’t exist your recent menu would be cluttered with Panorama libraries and wizards. You don’t want this feature to be removed.

It shouldn’t be necessary, but you could put this line of code in your .Initialize procedure to make sure that this option is un-checked every time the database opens.

setdatabaseoptions "","ExcludeFromRecentMenu",false()

Here is a shot in the dark idea. I’m wondering if the settings in the General pane of the System Preferences file for the number of recent items might have something to do with the mysterious changes to the Panorama X file preferences. Maybe if your recent number of files exceeds that set in the System Preferences it is causing some change in the Panorama X file preference. Mine is currently set to 50 files so I have not personnally had problems and the only one I did experience a few years ago was when I had that setting set much lower, Who knows?

I think this theory is extremely unlikely. However, in researching to write an explanation here to explain further why it is unlikely, I may have found a way this problem could happen. I’ve made a change that I hope will fix it. Since I can’t duplicate the problem “on command” I can’t say for sure that I have really found and fixed it, but I’m hopeful. @RAmeeti you’ll have to see when b30 comes out if you still have this problem.

Serendipity?

I do love it when things are not working as desired and someone makes a change. :crossed_fingers: