Printtopdf needs form open for matrix

printtopdf prints a blank matrix unless the form is open.

I encountered this problem today. In my case, I’m printing from a form that also contains a Matrix object. As a result, it printed the target matrix (defined in printtopdf) with the contents of the Matrix frame of the form that I’m printing from.

I noticed that the Matrix frames had the same name in both forms, the one that I am printing from and the one that I want to print. If the names of the Matrix frames don’t match, then an empty Matrix is printed as reported by James.

Thanks for the report.

I’ve found it a bit confusing as to what will print and what won’t. Below is a screenshot of a form that has a Tab Panel on the right 2/3 of the form. Everything is displaying properly.

If I try to print or open as a PDF, a variety of issues present themselves. The matrix (with a white background) is fine. Charts in web browsers vanish, but surprisingly, so do some but not all Text Display objects.

I’ve been unable to find any difference in the settings for the Text Display Objects. For instance, those used as headings for the matrix are absolutely identical other than the words they display.