Panorama X quit unexpectedly on macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Same issue since upgrading to a new M1 MacBook Pro with Big Sur (v11.2.3). Panorama X often crashes “unexpectedly.” This usually occurs after opening and closing a 2nd database on my system.

1 Like

I’m assuming that they are delaying the release of Panorama 10.2 until they are certain that these type of 10.1 crashes will not happen in the new version. I assume it’s some problem with the emulator. I’m just holding onto my credits I purchased last winter during the sale until 10.2 is actually available, and all their announcements indicate it will be released soon. Spring is here… April showers bring Panorama updates?

1 Like

The Panorama X 10.2 release schedule has nothing to do with crashes. Though there are scattered anecdotal reports of crashes with Big Sur, that is not born out by the statistical data we have. All crashes are logged with our server, and the statistics do not show an increase of crashes when running Panorama on Big Sur, even though about half of Panorama users are currently running Big Sur, most without incident (other than the problem in regard to moving left and right in the data sheet).

Panorama X 10.2 has not been released yet because it is not finished. In fact, we have not yet completed the online classes for Panorama X 10.2. During the course of these classes about a half dozen revised versions have been released, and there will probably be a similar number before the final version is released. At this point I would estimate that the final version will be released around mid-summer.

When a problem like you describe is near repeatable, I have often found that if I make a movie of it happening, and then send in a copy of the file, that those actions can bring an aha! moment and reveal issues that were not otherwise detectable.

Try Shift-Command-5 and see if you can make a movie of the problem.

Having suffered numerous crashes today I found that the likelihood of another crash seems greater if I click Reopen in the crash Problem Report than if I click OK.

I agree. I’v been using Panorama from practically day 1. This software is very difficult for me. And even worse now with the constant crashes.

1 Like

i’m having a particularly bad day for crashes. four i think, and i’ve only been at work since about 11.

does anybody think more memory would be helpful?

1 Like

Same Issue running BigSur 11.5.1. Crash on Close but data intact. Here is piece of crash info sent to Apple:
Process: PanoramaX [15021]
Path: /Applications/!!JackApps/PanoramaX.app/Contents/MacOS/PanoramaX
Identifier: com.provue.PanoramaX
Version: 10.1.2 (2854)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: PanoramaX [15021]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2021-08-02 17:10:11.225 -0500
OS Version: macOS 11.5.1 (20G80)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: B19314B6-0B96-3948-096F-251A92E99767

Sleep/Wake UUID: 2A969521-AE36-452B-A55E-6C7E3CD4CC70

Time Awake Since Boot: 100000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 9500 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000018
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x18:

__TEXT 10009d000-10037e000 [ 2948K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/!!JackApps/PanoramaX.app/Contents/MacOS/PanoramaX

Application Specific Information:
objc_msgSend() selector name: sheetColumnNumber

2 Likes