Panorama 0.1.028 Build 2168 Release Notes

Panorama X 0.1.028 Build 2168 is now available. You can download this new version from the web site, or you can simply launch your current version of Panorama X and let it automatically update. If Panorama X is already running, choose Check for Updates in the Panorama menu.

This is purely a bug fix release, no change to the version number since there are no new features. Because the first bug listed below might have caused incorrect floating point values in a database (though this was never reported or demonstrated), this release has been expedited.

• Fixed problem importing fixed point data from Panorama 6. This data now correctly imports as floating point values. This problem occurred due to an optimization bug in Apple’s compiler (the optimization levels in build 2162 were increased to make Panorama X run faster). In testing, this bug seemed only to affect imports from Panorama 6, but it seems possible that there might have been more general problems with modifying floating point values.

• The Choice Palette now responds correctly to the keyboard. The previous build worked on the primary development computer, but didn’t seem to work on any others. This fix was tested on 10.12, 10.10 and 10.9, including on two machines that did exhibit the problem before.

• Clicking outside of the Choices Palette (radio buttons) now saves the changes instead of canceling.

• Now works correctly when all Choice options are removed from a field (correctly uses text editor instead of putting up one empty radio button).

• Now correctly imports a Panorama 6 database with hidden fields. (They would import before, but the fields would not be hidden and were super wide.)

• The lookuplast(, lookupselected(, lookuplastselected( and table( functions would not work if there was spaces or other punctuation in the key field name. (This problem also occurred in the lookup( function, but that was fixed in an earlier release.)

• Fixed the ActiveGrid statement, so now the + button works properly in dialogs like Sort and Morph.

Thank you Jim for the last two releases! As of release X 0.1.026, I no longer have the delete object issue I was having. I think I may be to only one that experienced this because of the way I choose to design my forms. When I create a new form I set the Form Properties background color to 006600, which covers the entire screen. Then I use a Rectangle Object on top of that and set it’s Appearance color to BABABA; then I place TextEditorObjects assigned to fields on the rectangle, place TDO’s above the TEO’s to identify the fields, add horizontal and vertical lines to separate sections of the form, and add additional smaller rectangles with TextDisplayObjects (with procedures assigned) that are used as buttons on the form. The problem before had to do with layering, I think, because when I deleted anything on the form my smaller button rectangles would disappear - the TDO on top of the button rectangle would remain. They would reappear if I quit Pan and relaunched and everything worked fine. This problem no longer happens with release X 0.1.026.