Pagesetup statement not working

“pagesetup” in a procedure just beeps.

Darn, you are correct.

Turns out that happened a while ago when Panorama was changed to prevent you from performing actions while a procedure was running. Unfortunately, that change also prevented the PageSetup statement from working. It took longer than I thought it would to track down and fix this, but it is working again, it will be available in b30.

Fortunately, what I needed to change can be changed in printtopdf.

You can also simply use File>Page Setup. That performs the exact same action that the pagesetup statement does.

Note that one thing that you could never do in Panorama X, and still won’t be able to do in b30, is chain the pagesetup statement with additional following code. So you cannot do this:

pagesetup
print ""

The code after the pagesetup statement runs immediately, it doesn’t wait for you to close the dialog. As far as I can see there is no way to make that work.

I think it would be a good idea to put that information in the Help documentation, and also note that many of the Page Setup options can be set in the printtopdf statement, which is a better option if one is printing a particular form that needs special options.

In my case, it was to set the scale, but I had forgotten that I had already done that.

Yes, definitely – already done.