How many of you used OverVUE?

I was still in grade school with an Atari 1200XL flipping registers and wondering how my friend’s dad eprom burner worked because it could copy cartridges.

Wasn’t till 90 when I was in college and started working in the computer lab…. Was HyperCard all the way but I did remember some provue stuff on campus computers. I likely had a version on floppy somewhere. I remember some sketchy campus gopher sites that always had disk images and the students would trade.

Worked for Apple for a bit so I had all the Claris stuff. Was more interested in strategic conquest while my Fortran ran on the campus mainframe … LOL. I had FileMaker but never used it since HyperCard stacks did all I needed and if stacks didn’t work, I’d just use tab delimited text files and sed…. Wish I was as handy with shell Scripting now as I was then…. I can still regex but I could look at a table back then and write some piped magic on a Unix terminal and transpose, transform and chuck out what I needed.

I had forgotten about provue until panorama x started and seeing it in the artisanal software got me to look a couple years. Finally this year grabbed it and now I wish I’d have gotten it years ago! Love it.

1 Like

It always makes me happy to hear from longtime Panorama fans, but even more happy to hear from new Panorama fans! :green_heart: :blue_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :dizzy: