Extracting the value of the 'next' element in an array

Jim,
Once again, thank you for your patient assistance. I put a ‘stop’ after each line of the procedure and ran it. It worked every time. Then, after I had removed the stop altogether and ran the procedure, PanX crashed! I then reopened my “Contacts” db and clicked on the «lastdate» field to see what, if anything, had been added. When I tried to find «lastdate» not empty or not equal to, PanX crashed. The same thing happened if I clicked on the «totalsum» field and tried to ‘find’ anything. This is becoming more bizarre, the more we try to fix things. Any ideas?

I think at this point my only suggestion would be for you to send the databases in question to support [at] provue [dot] com and we can see if we can duplicate this problem.

Jim,
I sent the two pertinent dbs to support earlier today. In preparation to send the dbs, I deleted numerous old procedures (which I should have done a long time ago) and was going to delete several fields which are no longer needed. However, each time I would try to delete a field, PanX crashed. I tried to run the “Test” procedure again, and PanX crashed. Additionally, when I try to do a “Find/Select” on any field, PanX crashes. I hope you have better luck than I’ve had, which I’m sure you will. I am a novice and just hope I haven’t screwed things up too badly that they can not be repaired. Thanks for your help.

I’ve sent @Will an email, but for those following along, it turns out there is nothing wrong with the procedure, however the data in the file is very corrupted. On close examination it appears that at some point it may have been saved on a disk with failed sectors, or with a corrupted directory structure that caused another file to partially overwrite this one. It’s kind of amazing that the file opened at all.

Many many thanks to all who have chipped in to help me with this issue, especially to Jim!!! Now I will set about rebuilding my db in the hope that it will be better once I’ve finished. Thanks again.