Experiencing errors in 10.2 b18 e.g. WaitForTask - RESOLVED

Some of my simple navigation procedures are no longer working. Here is an sample error:

Pasted Graphic 3

I then attempted to Quit PanX in order to restart. I received this message:

Pasted Graphic 4

I found myself in the following window:

I could not navigate out. Clicking on Cancel or OK give me the following error:

Pasted Graphic 4

I am wondering if my system is too old. I am running Mojave 10.14.6 in order to continue using Pan6 until we can get PanX stabilized.

Panorama X 10.2b18 will run just fine on Sierra 10.12, so Mojave should be no problem. The provue.com server is running on Mojave (as it also needs to run Panorama 6 Server).

You seem to be having all sorts of mysterious problems. Maybe you should delete PanoramaX.app and re-download it (actually you might want to download first, then delete). Or your Panorama preferences may have gotten corrupted somehow. There is no way to uncorrupt them, but they can be deleted using these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)

If you’ve set up any options in the Panorama X preferences window, you will need to set them up again.

We have spent most of the day trying to track down random errors and bizarre problems we are experiencing with b18. We replaced the PanX application on the server and clients. We removed the Library/Preferences as suggested. We are not sure, but we may have narrowed down the problem to one suspect file. We created a new database, moved the procedures from the suspect database to the new database, copied the form from the old to the new, removed the old file from the server and uploaded the new file to the server. We were completely flabbergasted to find that the new built file has the same problems as the old file. We created a second new file, but this time we did not copy the form over. We have only a data sheet. We did populate the new datasheet with the exact data in the old file. We then uploaded this new file to the server. Much to our surprise, this latest built file (which has no form – only a datasheet, data, and a few procedures) seems to be working. Is it possible that a form could be corrupted to such an extent that procedures do not work as expected. That is what it seems like to us.

I’ve never heard of a corrupted form in Panorama X. If that did happen, I would expect that it would either display incorrectly or crash immediately when opened. Beyond that, I can only speculate because you have provided very limited information. When you say “simple navigation procedure” – what does that mean?

I am happy to report that I seem to have resolved all of my reported bizarre behavior by PanX b18. I re-built a file step by step, procedure by procedure, and form object by form object. If I were a detective I would say that the erratic procedure performance and random errors were caused by something to do with a form. (The file has only one form, and fortunately it was one of the least complicated files that we use.). I do not think the problem had anything to do with WaitForTask or UniqueID( as reported in another post. b18 is working sooo much better than b16. A thousand thanks for Jim and team for his work.