More funky stuff. I made a new generation, deleted all the records, imported new records, and told it to upload. After it apparently uploaded, I was informed that I couldn’t connect because the database was offline. I looked at it on the Sever Admin window and it showed that it was online. I closed it and reopened and it still said I was offline. No matter what I did I could not connect to the server with that database. I deleted it from the server, shared it and all was well.
I made a new generation in another database, deleted all the records and had the same problem. This time it was offline. I clicked it back online, it showed it was synchronized and connected. A little later, my client sent an email to tell me how well it was working. He had added a bunch of records but I only showed the one created after I deleted them all and uploaded the new generation. I tried to synchronize but I was informed that it wasn’t online. I chose connect to server and was told I couldn’t connect because it was offline. I tossed my copy, downloaded a copy from the server, opened it and there were the records he had added.
So far, I have always figured a way around these issues, but I’m waiting for the day when a database doesn’t come back. Luckily, I back up constantly when developing.