Comma as decimal separator

To group Monday to Sunday, you would need a separate numeric field. It so happens that the numbers Panorama uses internally to represent dates are divisible by 7 on Mondays, so you would fill that numeric field with

Date\7

where Date is your date field. For weeks that start on Tuesday you would use (Date-1)\7 etc. Then you would just group on the numeric field.

Thank you Dave, you are so smart…:slight_smile:

FYI, I’ve made the changes so that Panorama X will honor the system preferences for the first day of the week. This affects grouping and the week1st( function. There is also a new firstdayofweek( function. Look for these changes when the next version of Panorama X is released.

I still have problem with comma as decimal separator:

1. “copy” from excel datasheet, one column 12,34
    2." import" to panx database, “from clipboard” two columns 12 and 34
    so the comma does not function as decimal separator

I don’t have a copy of Excel, so I can’t try this. But I imagine that if you pasted the text into a text editor like BBEdit or Text Edit, it would look like this:

6034,16.9.2016,1609,-7,-20
6035,16.9.2016,1609,-1,48

There is no setting in the world that can allow Panorama (or any other program) to recognize that the last comma is part of a number, instead of a field separator. This is really a bug in Excel. According to the CSV standard, they must put quotes around any data value that has commas in it. Since they haven’t, there is no way for Panorama to properly parse this. You should submit this bug to Microsoft.

I tried it with Excel. When I pasted into a text editor, there were tabs separating the fields. The only comma was in -7,20. It looks like the wizard is treating both the tabs and the comma as field separators, rather than just the tabs.

Yes, this seems to be a bug in the text import wizard.

@valkeinen: If only your Excel column D contains decimal values, you can (for now) use this as import formula:
«1»
«2»
«3»
«4»+“,”+«5»
«6»

This combines the content of column 4 with column 5 and inserts a decimal comma during the import.

I started to file this as a bug. So I made some tab delimited text in BBEdit:

I imported it into the wizard, and it worked!

Ok, mystery solved – this is a bug I already fixed very recently. Here is the same text imported into version 0.1.027.

So when 0.1.028 comes out, this problem will be fixed.