Catalina & Parallels/Panorama 6 OR Mojave with native Pano 6

How would I install Panorama 6 in the virtual machine?
Jack

In your virtual machine the same way like on any other Mac.

I have Panorama 6 running within Parallels but only in Demo Mode. It asks me for a serial number which I don’t know how to get. My old Mac, running El Capitan, crashed right in the middle of this transition and seems to hopelessly lost. Not sure if it would have helped but now I have nothing.
Jim says that Pan 6 is no longer supported so hoping somebody can suggest how I can get out of this mess.
Thank in advance,’
Jack

Worth Noting…On a computer with an M1 processor, you cannot run an older Mac OS on Parallels. An older Mac OS requires an Intel processor.

Jim, I have been running Hindsight on parallels since 2018, and works great. Just got a MacMini installed El Capitan, with the idea of running Hindsight natively on this one. My problem is, how do one “break out” Panorama and Hindsight from the Virtual machine / parallels to transfer these to MacMini. Tried different ways, however when launching Panorama on the Mini I get "Internal Panorama Resources are Missing (Kasini_Heapfree). I am. not a programmer, only a die hard user of the best software out there. Thanks, Ulf

I doubt that I can help much on how to transfer Panorama. That couldn’t be done between Macs except for when TimeMachine was used for getting you moved.

Your best bet is to download a new copy of Panorama 6 and install it. You’ll find everything you need at Panorama Classic Frequently Asked Questions. The download links are there as well as answers to just about every installation question.

Then just make sure that your folder with InView & StockView files is complete.

FWIW, I just did this last week on an older Mini since we still do our own bookkeeping and taxes with InView. Far too much to convert to Pan X for just ourselves with so many other fish to fry…

Thanks Jim, now I have Panorama 6 up and running on iMac, now trying to figure out why Hindsight is not! One small step each day. Is there a certain way I have to transfer Hindsight folder for it to work on iMac?

Just copy the whole folder. It should come over looking just as it did.

I did copy and transferred it first, then tried Compressing folder - and that worked. Happy Camper:)

Jim, one strange thing jus happened, yesterday was working just fine - in Hindsight, when opening Recievables I can not see the window, even though in the menu bar it shows me all the various reports options containing to this? When Selecting Outstanding Invoices I get “Destination Field or variable does not exist: Noshowin”

I’m sorry but there is no support for the HindSight software. The company closed years ago. I’ve helped people move on but I am not willing or able to take on the tech support.

If quitting and restarting doesn’t resolve it, reverting to a past copy would be your only choice.