Beta release b14 freezes

I and at least one other person have had several freezes of the new beta release. I have found one situation that will cause a freeze every time.
I have a form with a text list on the left and individual text editors on the right side of the form. When you click a row in the list, the data for that record fills in the text editors on the right. But in this situation, it has been previously noted, when you edit a field on the right, the text list does not automatically update. However, I have used a work around, the credit for which goes to Gary, of course. The solution is to execute code like this:

noshow
 if info("bof")
     downrecord
     uprecord
 else
     uprecord
     downrecord
endif
endnoshow
showpage

This code caused the text list to show changed values. But now, with the b14 release, Panorama freezes every time this code is run and a force quit is required. I haven’t yet checked the server log to see what is happening, but I really like failures that can reliably be reproduced.

I don’t suppose you can put together a small database you can send me that demonstrates this? There is no reason I know of why this should be any different in the b14 release.

Yes, I will send you the file.

I just emailed the file (at about 10:00 pm). The log, which I included, gives a very strong indication of what is causing the freezing.

The problem only occurs if the file is shared, and the log will make it obvious why that is so.

I shared my file with Jim. I have apparently made poor choice on setting up a form, because the code that I posted was triggered by tabbing out of a text editor on the form. This resulted in a loop of attempting to lock a record over and over, hence the freezing. Jim advises that was not a good practice and was surprised that it ever worked, even on a stand along database (but it did!). The code that I posted above for refreshing a text list works fine, but just don’t use it in a text editor. It was not clear if b14 had any role in this failure; Jim thinks it would not have worked earlier, but we had not discovered it until now.

I use that, too. Where should it be used if not in a text editor?

I can think of two possibilities. One is to have a refresh button with the text list. Another would be if you have a separate window where a record is edited, then a close button that includes the refresh code.