Web Browser Object not able to retrieve database info

I am new to all of this. When using the Web Browser Object, You are able to easily pull info from your database by using «FieldName»

The moment I add a curly bracket { } within the HTML the Panorama formula no longer works. These brackets are used when working with styling and also when dealing with script tags within the HTML.

Am I doing something wrong or is this potentially a bug?

Thank you!

This is a feature of the literal text mode.

You can also insert a complete formula into the literal text by surrounding the formula with the { and } characters. (However, if you find yourself doing a lot of this it might be better to switch to the Formula mode.)

It’s trying to interpret the text between the braces as a formula. If you need the braces to be part of the html, I think you will need to use formula mode, and enclose everything except the Name field with some other quoting characters, such as pipes. Something like

|||<!DOCTYPE html>
<body>
<hr>
||| + «Name» + |||
<hr>
</html>|||

Thank you for the reply. I have been working on this in formula mode. As far as using other quoting characters, I seem to be having no luck. Enclosing items with pipes seems to not do anything but display the pipes.

If I set the Web Browser Object’s Options panel to formula -

and alter the default Formula panel to duplicate Dave’s formula -

when I hit Apply I get the current contents of my Name field displayed.

From your symptoms, you are definitely using literal mode, not formula mode. Gary’s instructions will solve the problem.

By the way, we recently updated the documentation for the web browser object to point out that literal mode doesn’t work if your HTML source contains curly brace characters, for example CSS styles. Unfortunately, this change to the documentation isn’t in the current version of the application, but it will be included in the next version. If you are include CSS styles in your page source, you have to use formula mode, not literal mode. The updated help page, with the extra warning, is already available in the web based documentation.

In addition to this documentation change, we’ve also made a change in how the web browser object works. If it sees that the page contains CSS or JavaScript, it disables the ability to merge formulas into the page. That way, the CSS and/or JavaScript works correctly, but not the formula merge. The only way to get that to work is to use formula mode.

It worked! Thank you! I deleted the old Web Object and tried it in a new and it worked perfectly.