Too many hospitals :(

Those of you that have been participating in this forum for a long time know that I usually am pretty aggressive about jumping in and answering questions. You may also have been noticed that recently I have been a lot less present here, and I feel that it has reached the point where I need to address this.

Over the past month both my mother and father-in-law have been seriously ill, in and out of the hospital. Unfortunately, this has progressed to the point that both of them are currently in the ICU. To complicate this further, they are in two different hospitals about an hours drive apart. This crisis has left me with little time or energy to deal with anything else. The doctors do not know how long this will continue, or what the outcome will be.

Thank you so much to everyone that has pitched in here, especially of course David Thompson and Gary Yonaites.

You have the right priorities. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Hang in there. We can wait…and you’ve got a lot of superusers here who can handle most questions, anyway. Take care.

Family first. Good Luck.

I’m afraid I have a sad update to this post.

A handful of you that have been long time customers may recall meeting my parents when they were helping out at the booth in MacWorld Expo a couple of times in the 90’s. I know that they really enjoyed meeting Panorama users. Unfortunately, after a difficult illness, my mother has passed away. (I don’t think I ever mentioned it here, but my father passed away four years ago.) She will be very missed.

There is some good news. My wife’s father is still in the hospital, but he is no longer in the ICU. His progress is very slow (he’s already been in the hospital 4 weeks), but he does appear to be making some progress. He is a wonderful man and we are all pulling for him.

Thanks again to everyone here that has been helping out.

I am sorry to hear about your mother. Just remember that all of us in the community are here for you!

Thank you. I imagine you certainly met her at MacWorld.

That reminds me of the time that you and Peter Guerrini pitched in at the MacWorld Expo booth when I had food poisoning (or a very bad stomach flu). Thanks for that again!

I’m sorry to learn of your mother’s passing and can easily imagine the feelings of loss that you’re experiencing. I had the pleasure of meeting both your parents on multiple occasions and enjoyed the time spent with them as you know. They were good people.

I reported ten days ago that my wife’s father was making slow progress, and he continued to do so. However, yesterday morning he took a severe turn for the worse and he passed away last night. He was the most loved man I ever met, and he leaves behind a huge void. Before I met Pat Furnare I don’t think I believed that hero’s existed, but he was a hero to me and many others, and for real, too, in combat across two Philippine islands (of course as a true hero, he would rarely speak of this). He worked for the same company from 1947 to 2018, starting as a temp worker he rose all the way to the top, and still was actively working into his 90’s just because he loved the challenge. He loved life in general, was always an optimist, always smiling and always looking to make sure the people around him were happy. I was so blessed to have him in my life for nearly 17 years.

Google Photos

My deepest condolences on your loss.