I am experiencing some issues with the Text Display and Matrix Objects.
There are two separate places to adjust text alignment.
Place #1: “Top Center Bottom” in the Text Display Options pane (or tab?).
Place #2: “Left Center Right” in the Text pane.
There must be a reason they are now in separate places… (??)
If I adjust the alignment options (from BOTH tabs), change the font size to 9 or smaller, keep clicking on the alignment buttons (from both tabs - as someone might do while tweaking a form just so…) - eventually… the text display object will stop responding to a change in alignment and stay with one alignment even if the highlighted button is different - i.e. The text will align right even if the button highlighted is left or center, same for top, center, bottom. etc.
- Use a hollow rectangle as a matrix frame
- Name it
- Assign it to a matrix (the matrix I need on this project is 12x36 - works perfectly in Pan6 BTW)
- Add a text display object with text centered T/B and L/R.
- Select “Refresh Matrixes”
- Wait for the matrix to redraw
- Continue to wait for the matrix to redraw
- The text displayed in the matrix cells is not justified the same as in the matrix frame.
- When I select center/center for the text display object text alignment within the frame, it most often displays left/center in every matrix cell.
- If I close/open the form containing the matrix (or close/open the file), the text in the matrix sometimes aligns correctly on re-open, sometimes not.
- If it is plain text being displayed - seems to align correctly more frequently.
- If the cell data displayed is the result of a formula - seems to align correctly less frequently.
Third one: None of the “show” commands intended to redraw anything on a form are successful in getting a 12x36 cell matrix to refresh, update, or redraw… I have tried them all with no success from within a procedure. The only way I am able to update the matrix (fed with array data from a variable - not the data sheet) is to switch to graphics mode and select “Refresh Matrixes” from the Object menu.
Fourth one: When a medium to large matrix object is clicked on, then dragged, the mouse moves but fails to “pick up” the matrix object for a “real time” move. After a number of seconds, the matrix just instantly snaps to the “mouse up” point at the end of the attempted move. There is no “real time” dragging of the matrix like there is for other objects on the form.
Graphic objects seem to drag the smoothest while text display objects are jerky. Matrix objects (bigger ones with multiple columns/rows) simply snap to the mouse up position after a number of seconds of delay. There is no real time object movement along with the mouse - just the spinning rainbow ball until the redraw appears at the new location. Seems like the application is redrawing/updating/re-evaluating the moving object during the move in real time rather than just dragging a visual representation of the object and then updating it on mouse up.