Showing and Hiding Particular fields without affecting others

Is there a way to show and hide particular fields with command without changing the visibility of other fields?

The statement “hidethesefields” hides the fields you want, but it shows all the others. What if I just want to hide the listed fields without showing all the others and without changing the visibility of any others

The statement “showthesefields” shows the fields you want, but it hides all the others. What if I just want to show the listed fields without hiding all the others and without changing the visibility of any others

You could try something like:

hidethesefields info("hiddenfields") +cr()+""MyField"+cr()+"AnotherFielsField"+…etc.

and

showthesefields  info(“visiblefields”)+cr()+"MyField"+cr()+"AnotherFielsField"+…etc.

Another helpful way is to address fields by numbers and make use of statements like showfieldsbetween or hidefieldsbetween. The function info(“visiblefields”) allows it to combine that with Gary’s advice.

Here is an example that I am using for a soccer league. It shows 11 line item fields — according to the number of a match day — in-between of two static fields.

// set variable n to a number from 1 to 34
showfieldsbetween 1+val(n)*11-11,1+val(n)*11
showthesefields "FIELDNAME1"+cr()+arrayrange(info("visiblefields"),2,-1,cr())+cr()+"FIELDNAME2"