Under certain conditions, the dimmed “Search” text in a _liveSearch box of a textList does not disappear when a search value is entered in the box. Instead the dimmed “Search” text remains and is over written with the search value.
I first noticed this after I changed the $TextListMaxCellCount from 5000 to 40000 in the textList Form Blueprint. After clicking the Update Form button and switching to Data Mode, the “Search” text was over written and the search results summary at the bottom of the textList was also over written.
After a little research, the over writing will occur if you do the following:
• open the textList Blue Print, make any change, click the Update Form button.
• open the textList Blue Print, make no change, click the Update Form button.
The over writing will not occur if:
• you open the textList Blue Print, make no change, click the Cancel button
The over writing will correct if you:
• close the form and reopen it.
• close the database and reopen it.
I get the same results using two different textLists in two different databases.
I am running MacOS 10.12.3 and latest version of PanX.