Problem with statement Cell

Recently I have started to change my panorama 6 database to panorama10. With this I have lot of problems but when I look in Panorama help I can find how to solve various problems.
Now I found that in procedures with the statements:
Field “A”
Cell data
nothing happens. The Field get highlighted but the data is not in the data cell. I tried a new file and I have the same problem. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I just tried this, with both a text and a numeric field. I tried assigning constants, and a variable named data, and they all worked correctly.

Could you paste in the exact code that is failing for you? The problem must be somewhere in what you have not told us.

The problem is solved. I restarted the computer and now it is working. Something central in the system went wrong???

I’m glad the problem is solved. For future reference, a much more modern way to change the value of a field would be to use an assignment statement, simply

A=data

Of course the cell statement should still work for compatabililty with existing databases, but for new code, or if you run into problems, I would change it to an assignment.

Thanks. The assignment works well.