PDFSetup Problem

I’ve been using this great command for a long time.
Lately, it started giving me trouble.
In some cases:
the print command that follows the pdfsetup generates a hardcopy - i.e. the print “” goes to the actual default printer.
In some cases: it works perfectly - the pdf is produced and saved to the proper folder.
In some cases: there is no hardcopy printed, there is no PDF in the proper folder and I can’t find any pdf file that was produced.

i’ve been struggling with this for several days now
I’m using MacOS 10.12.6 - Panorama 6 latest build - MacBook Air (13 inch, Mid 2011)
any thoughts ?
thanks very much

If I remember correctly, that statement has been replaced quite a long time ago. In fact, I cannot find it in the Pan 6 documentation any more.

Have a look in the Programming Reference for the printpdf statement.

The printpdf statement hasn’t worked for quite some time. The pdfsetup statement is one I wrote, based on code provided by David Duncan, as a way of dealing with that. The last few releases of Panorama 6 included the library that contained it, but Provue never included it in the documentation. To see its documentation, you need to look in the Custom Statements wizard.

12%20PM

This is little more than a guess, but I would expect a long folder name in the specified folder, or any folder in its path, to create a problem. A long name for the file should not be a problem. A long name would be anything longer than 31 characters.

yes, i have it - I’ve been using it for a long time and love it and thank you Dave & david for it.
it is very strange that it is suddenly giving my trouble now.
can a file get corrupted somehow that would cause this ?
i made sure all the forms i’m using have gone thru “page setup” before using the pdfsetup command.
thanks

Dave is correct. I looked into the code of some of my databases, and pdfsetup is still working perfectly here.

I try to avoid any problems with long file / folder paths by using my Desktop folder as the target:

PDFSetup folderpath(info("desktopfolder"))+"FileName.pdf"
print ""

I use it routinely and wrote it into two procedures in the past week.

Possibly sharing your procedure, especially the path might be helpful.