Panorama X IOS reader

Where would someone start, (or is it even possible from outside the Panorama offices) to make a reader for Panorama X files on IOS devices.
More and more I wish I just could access my files from my iPhone to view them (or even better, to write to them).
The App feels overdue, but for a non-programmer like myself, an almost insurmountable project.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Mark
Loyal Panorama user since 1993

While Panorama X Server is under development, there are some database apps available that can jump in and help. IMHO, the most important points are:

• These apps should exist on Mac and iOS.
  • These apps must be able to import / export CSV files.
  • These apps should be able to synchronize data between the devices.

For myself, I have found Ninox and Tap Forms. Both apps are working very well. I export the data from Panorama X databases as CSV files and import the data into the Mac app, and the app synchronizes the data via iCloud or via the local WLAN to my iOS devices.

This is an old thread, but I’m wondering whether you still use these two products and which, if either, you prefer.

Also, if you make changes on the Ninox (for example) iOS app, which of course syncs back to the Ninox Mac app, how to you migrate those changes back into Panorama?

Thanks!

James

While waiting for the iOS version of Panorama… I finally settled on Apple’s Numbers. It is a little clunkier to sort and enter data, but it ticks all the boxes for syncing between phones, iPads, Mac laptops and computers. It does not quite have the power of Excel or the customization of Panorama, but the user base is huge as it is included for free within Apple’s system.

Mark

Yes, I am still using this workflow to export data from Panorama X to those iOS / iPadOS apps. For me it is a one way workflow. It allows me to carry certain data from Panorama X with me on my mobile devices.

Both apps, Ninox and TapForms 5, are able to export CSV files, too — so it would be easy to reverse the transfer direction and transfer data from them back to Panorama X.

Thanks for getting back with me. I will have a look at both apps and see whether they might fit into my workflow since having data sync between Mac and iOS would be nice.