Panorama 6 to Panorama X

I have discussed this before… We have 29 years of files using Panorama 6. The format I used was similar to Mexican Restaurant format which has been discussed. I would use two files. One for data entry and one for price lookup. Within data entry file addition was completed. Now with new Mac OS the days are numbered running Panorama 6. The conversion from 6 to X does not carry over lookups or addition. Am I missing something or will I have to rewrite the 29 years of programs one at a time?

Even though the next PanoramaX release will include many relational tools to make it easier to establish harmonious relationships between databases it will still support all the existing lookups you have been using. They should all be carried over to PanoramaX from Panorama 6 and work as always. Whether or not you want to use the new tools is up to you and certainly not mandatory. I’m not sure what you mean by “addition” but most things should transfer intact with some tweaking and fixing of some procedures and forms. The degree of difficulty making the change will depend on the complexity of your Panorama 6 files.

When I first converted Pan 6 files to X, I noticed that a lot of my lookups, auto calculations, etc, were not working. I went into the field properties to double check the formulas for each field that had formulas. As I closed the field properties, they started working again. Related fields also triggered after that. For example, Total=Price*Qty. Checking the Price field also made the Qty calc work. I found this out by accident but I was glad I did.

Hope it works for you.

Huh? Panorama X definitely supports both lookups and addition. Why do you think it doesn’t?

Thank you for the tip… You are right the lookups and equations do not work. I will try your solution! Thank you again. Scott