Page breaks for view as list

Is there a way to insert page breaks for printing with a long view-as-list form?

Or is there a way to group up and then use the summary field to trigger a page break when printing?

Sorry, there is currently no way to force a page break in a report generated by Panorama X.

Any timeline when this will happen? It was a very handy feature in Classic.

I second the motion.

Barry

I’m still waiting for it as well… :slightly_smiling_face:

tom p

OK I have a form that absolutely needs to force a page break after each grouping or summary. Can anyone suggest a plan of attack to do this? FYI the form prints 1 to 3 records only in each group with a common field data such as “A” or BB" etc. This was so easy in Pan 6.

Panorama is so customizable in so many areas that many of you probably assume that virtually anything can be customized or worked around. I take that as a compliment. However, the printed page layout is not one of those areas. There’s no way to modify the layout with a program or formula, beyond the documented features that are included.

Now I have not tried this in Panorama, but there is a key combination for a page break on Macs: control-q followed by control-l. It works with TextEdit. See if adding this where you want a page break will work. Let us know.

I’m afraid that’s not going to work. It takes a bunch of programming logic for a feature like a page break to work, and Panorama doesn’t have it. This feature is not part of the operating system.

I have found a workaraound, sort of. The one form that needs this usually prints 1, 2, or 3 records per page, never any more. These reflect winners in a group in 1st, 2nd, 3rd place. So, what I did was group up on one field and perform a count. The procedure then looks at the count and if it’s “3” it moves on, if it’s 1 it adds two empty records, if it’s 2 it adds one record. Maybe not the most elegant way to accomplish what I need but until Pan X has the ability to force page feeds after summaries it’ll do. Below is the procedure, if anyone has a better way to do this I’m all ears!

Field “Class”
GroupUp
Count
firstrecord
loop
If Class=“2”
uprecord
insertbelow
downrecord
Class=“3”
endif
If Class=“1”