Missing Operator in Help

I just noticed that the list of Operators in Pan X Help does not include the “≠” operator. I know it works in Pan X, and I use it all the time. Is there any reason for it not to be included?

The operator isn’t missing. It’s just listed under one of its other names. It’s listed under <> with ≠ and != as alternate spellings. Likewise, ≤ is an alternate spelling of <=, and ≥ is an alternate spelling of >=.

I think Jim prefers spellings that have key caps. You can look at your keyboard and see how to type <>.

What you are saying is all true—except that mine doesn’t list the ≠ or the !=. Here’s what my listing shows in Panorama > Formulas > Operators:

< – The < operator compares two values to see if the first value is less than the second value.
<= – The <= operator compares two values to see if the first value is less than or equal to the second value.
<> – The <> operator compares two values to see if they are different.
= – The = operator compares two values to see if they are the same.
> – The > operator compares two values to see if the first value is greater than the second value.
>= – The >= operator compares two values to see if the first value is greater than or equal to the second value.

If you click on the <> link, it will take you to the documentation for that operator, where it says.

You can also spell out the operator name or use the ≠ symbol or != symbol, like this:

984 isnotequalto 984 ☞ false
"abc" ≠ “xyz” ☞ true
8309 != 2389 ☞ true

Thanks. I wasn’t thinking of those as links, so didn’t go on to that page!
I think it would be a little clearer if the alternates were also noted on the initial page:

for example:
<> – The <> operator compares two values to see if they are different. (also ≠, !=)