Matrix Difficulties

A matrix to display a single vertical column of images is working very well for me in many ways. There have been a couple of stumbling blocks though that I just can’t seem to overcome.

When data is changed, the matrix won’t update unless I change the active record. ObjectAction “thumblist”,“redraw”,“all” doesn’t seem to do a thing. Neither does matrixredrawclickedcell in attempts to make clicking on the cell update the matrix.

The matrix frame updates, but the matrix itself does not.

I’ve also been unable to get the matrix to reflect the selected set of records. It alway displays all records, selected or not. Although I’ve tried every other conceivable combination of settings without success, the Data panel is set for Pass Thru with the Query set as info(“Selected”).

When data is changed, the matrix won’t update unless I change the active record. ObjectAction “thumblist”,“redraw”,“all” doesn’t seem to do a thing. Neither does matrixredrawclickedcell in attempts to make clicking on the cell update the matrix.

I’ve been having the same problem since beginning to work with PanX. ObjectAction “matrix name”,“redraw”,“all” does not work. I have taken to writing code that switches from data to graphics mode and back. It works most of the time but it is not ideal. I’ve been waiting for a solution.

There are clunky workarounds for forcing the refresh, but my inability to display just the selected records is a fairly serious issue for me. The ability may exist but I can’t come up with it and have been unable to find anything in the documentation making any reference to it.

I think you want to put info(“visible”) into your matrix selection formula to have it only show selected records

Much obliged. That worked.

I could have sworn I made that suggestion to you in a private email, and that you said it didn’t work. Which was why I hadn’t made that suggestion here – I figured I needed to research it further. Must have been someone else. So whomever you were, info(“visible”) is the correct answer!

You’re the source for info(“Selected”). You’re fallible after all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: