International Number Formats

I hoped Panorama X would adapt to the system (number format) settings more than earlier versions did. But it seems to me that Panorama X internally is still using U.S. format instead of the system settings.

I am using a banking application and I every day am exporting data from that application as tab separated text files. Obviously Panorama X does not understand the decimal numbers in that file (with the system’s decimal delimiter, the comma here in Germany). It imports the values as integer numbers; the output pattern (#.,## €) of that field displays such a value as e.g. 141,00 € instead of 141,39 €.

I have to use an import formula that replaces the decimal comma with a decimal point.

When you type in a number it accepts it using your local format, right? I would have thought that import would have done the same thing, I will have to look into that. I have filed a bug report:

When you type in a number it accepts it using your local format, right?

Yes, Jim, I have not noticed the issue when I was manually entering numbers in the data sheet.

But when I try to edit my number 141,00 € and to add the 39 Cents, I see the number 141.00 in the cell.

When you type in a number it accepts it using your local format, right?

I first gave a positive answer, but …

Today I had to enter a value of 10 Cent in a numeric field where it was imported as 0.00 .

When I entered 0,10 the cell (with output pattern #.,## €) still displayed 0,00 € — I had to enter the number with a decimal point: 0.10.

Kurt

Thanks Kurt, I have updated the bug report in the issue tracker. I think this might actually make the problem simpler to fix, but we’ll see.