Having Trouble Opening my Old Panorama Files:

I’m looking at upgrading to Panorama X, but I’m using the trial version and all of my old Panorama files re grayed out and I can’t open them.

The trial version does allow me to save a new database and then open it. Anybody know if this is just a limitation on the trial version?

I’ve tried dragging the old files and dropping them on the new Panorama X program. Nothing happens. Please clue me in if possible.

Thanks,
BJ

Most likely, your database file name does not end with .pan. This is ok with Panorama 6, but Panorama X does not work with files that don’t have an extension. Just go into the Finder and rename each database file, for example Checkbook would have to be renamed Checkbook.pan. You may also want to go into Finder preferences and enable “Show all filename extensions” if you haven’t already done that.

There is a help page called “Importing a Panorama 6 Database” that explains this. You can view this from the Help menu within Panorama X, and also view this page on the web at this address.

We’ve also prepared over an hour of video to help with the transition from Panorama 6 to X. You can find these in the Help menu, on the www.provue.com web page, or using these links.

Converting from Panorama 6 - Converting from Panorama 6 on Vimeo
Panorama 6 to X: Basics - Panorama 6 to X Basics on Vimeo
Panorama 6 to X: Form Design - Panorama 6 to X Form Design on Vimeo
Panorama 6 ro X: Programming - Panorama 6 to X Programming on Vimeo

The first video, Converting from Panorama 6, also explains the need to add the .pan extension before bringing a file over to Panorama X.

Thanks so much for the quick help! That did the trick!

BJ