File for Zipping with Password

A single procedure file, Zipper, has been added to the Database Exchange. The procedure allows the selection of a file or folder to be zipped with a password included.

Jim, thanks for your submission.

I do want to point out that Panorama X includes statements for compressing/uncompressing files and folders. Unless you need to use a password, these statements will be much easier to use than the AppleScript technique that Jim used.

There is also an archivecontents( function that lets Panorama code explore the contents of a compressed archive.

Some of you may wonder why time was spent adding these features to Panorama X. Compression is used extensively in the upcoming server version, for performance Panorama X server routinely compresses data when transferring between server and client. All the code for downloads and uploads is complete and working. Since I was writing this code anyway, I made it available to you as well. I also used these statements to build a database that automates upload and publishing of new Panorama X releases, it automatically compresses Panorama X.app, then uploads it and also publishes the release notes and updates the download information on the web site.

Well… If you are going to talk Enterprise upload/download, I’ll ask again about a talked about feature… Will we be able to upload procedures separately from forms, separate, from data? Oftentimes I have no need to move 200MB of data, but am only wanting to move forms, or procedures.