Data entry into an array with clairvoyance

I am an old-school panorama user (as in overvue), but am a newbie in using arrays. I want to use a text array to store colors. The colors are cataloged in a separate database. I would like to be able to enter the colors used on a particular project into a text array field, using clairvoyance linked to the colors database. What is the cleanest way to expedite the data entry? Do I need to have two fields, one for the current color being looked up, and another for the array of colors?

There isn’t such a thing as a “text array field”, only text fields. Since a text array is just text, you can store it in a plain text field, no problem.

I’m not quite sure I understand your question. However, you definitely can’t use clairvoyance with a text array – it only works with a single value. So maybe you are on to something with your thought of using two fields. You could have a field for entering new colors, which is linked via clairvoyance to the other database, then you could have a short procedure that takes the contents of that field and appends it to the end of the field that contains the text array.