Crtocomma function?

There’s already a commatocr( function. I want a crtocomma function. I have used arraycolumn( to extract the first item from a 2-dimensional array, but the result comes in the form of a column, and I want it in a comma-separated row so it fits in a TDO (which is in a TLO), eg:
what I want:
item,item,item… rather than
what I get:
item
item
item

Should be easy; can someone help me find it?

replace(text,cr(),",")

Doh! Thanks, Dave, I tried that before, but my first tries at the arraycolumn( formula had errors, so of course nothing after that came out right either.

Depending on exactly what you need this for, you might also find the commalist( function to be interesting.

Like this:

commalist(text,cr())

Yes, it certainly is interesting and I was unaware of it; however for my application the “and” is a dealbreaker. But it’s neat…

I looked at the commalist( function because it is something I have done, but I think it should be that the last two items should be separated by ", and " rather than " and " because the lack of a serial comma is more likely to result in ambiguity than not in the context that this is most likely to be used.

Fixed it for you –

replace(commalist(text," and ",", and "))

I’m personally not a fan of Oxford commas. Perhaps it’s because I read so many British publications when I was growing up. At least I’ve avoided using colour, centre, etc. in the Panorama documentation :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And then too, there are some that are fans of Oxford commas. Certainly this company that forgot about the comma and it cost them millions.
Oxford commas costs money

Blockquote > Fixed it for you –

replace(commalist(text," and “,”, and "))
I’m personally not a fan of Oxford commas. Perhaps it’s because I read so many British publications when I was growing up. At least I’ve avoided using colour, centre, etc. in the Panorama documentation :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That will mess up things if you have array elements that have " and " in them, which is exactly when you would need to avoid ambiguity.