Conversion of Pan 6 buttons to PanX objects

I have several large systems which are run from a multitude of coloured and labelled data buttons of various sizes. These buttons are no longer coloured or size-adjustable in PanX.

Is it possible to write a procedure which would identify the existence of each button, record its original colour, label and size, convert each one to a PanX object (say a rounded rectangle) and apply the original attributes?

If so, who would like to write it (I suspect it’s way beyond my capabilities)? I ask not only for myself but also for what I think might be a host of users in the same situation.

michael

Nobody has replied to this post - is it too difficult a task or is it a really stupid question?

michael

It’s definitely not a stupid question, and I don’t know if it’s hard. I have not done anything quite like this but I suspect it can be done. I will tinker around with it and see what I can do. But don’t hold your breath.

This certainly does not answer your request but it might provide a temporary quick improvement for your buttons. You can run this procedure for the form in question and it will covert all the PushButtonObjects to a different style. You could set them to the Square Button or Bevel Button type.

changeobjects "$PushButtonStyle","Square Button"```

This won't help with the color but will duplicate the size.

Here’s my attempt to do what you described: "Button Converter.pandb. I created a database in Pan6 then converted it to PanX. To use this, Select Change Buttons under the Action Menu. This only changes push buttons. I think, but am not sure, that your original button color is stored with the buttons converted from Pan6. If so, the new button should be the same color. The new “button” consists of a rounded rectangle and a text label on top. Please test this on a backup copy.
P.S. The forum will not let me upload a zip file. I am going to upload it in Slack General channel. Michael, you can get it there or send me your email and I will email it to you.

Thanks Tom - I’ll do the same. I think it would be a very useful trick for people moving from P6 to PX.

michael

Please send it to audax@wideband.net.au

Thanks Tom

m

Thanks Gary - that’s a good start.

m