Can't deactivate serial number

Somehow I have two Macs in different Australian states using the same Panorama 6 serial number. I have unused serial numbers, and have been trying to deactivate either of the duplicates and replace it. After completing the deactivating process on either computer successfully, the serial number remains unactivated in the registration window when Panorama is restarted. I have tried a number of times over the last few months. The Provue site does not mention this.

It’s likely to be some months before I can switch our remote computers to Panorama X versions of our manufacturing systems and disuse Panorama 6 (you know how hard it is to accurately forecast timing of new versions).

Is it still possible to actually deactivate Panorama 6 serial numbers?

Whoops! should be

After completing the deactivating process on either computer successfully, the serial number remains unDEactivated in the registration window when Panorama is restarted.

I think you’ve got a permission problem. This is the same issue that can make it difficult to activate Panorama 6 on recent versions of macOS. Please visit this page and see the instructions for getting around a System -7 problem.

I was finally able to try deactivating following your permissions suggestion. Unfortunately, the serial number still remains active in the registration window after completing deactivation.

The inconvenience of living with the duplicate numbers is not too great and I don’t want to waste more of your time or mine, so we’ll continue to live with it.