Hello everybody! I am in the (early) process of migrating my databases from Pan 6 to X and am discovering some issues.
Here is a preliminary list of problems:
- Debugging: Single Step ist not working for me. I can’t do any second step.
- Default value today does not work in a date field; default value " does so.
- Choices do not work: Sort order is alphabetically instead of the choices order.
- Using my procedures (including some outlining and then removing summaries in order to get back to the data) I have frequently seen a state where my data sheet appears empty, and the record count is 0/0. Fortunately I was able to revert the state of the database by reopening and having all my records back.
- I had a case where a procedure that does a FormulaFill in certain Fields was overwriting the contents of a different field (maybe caused by a crash?).
- Several crashes happened when I ran my procedures. Where do I submit Crash Logs?
I have already some things on my wish list (and I am quite sure there is more to come the longer I am learning to know Panorama X):
- IMHO it would make the transition from Pan 6 to X easier if we had not only a list of deprecated functions and statements. It would be a great help, if that list had a second column with recommendations – if available – how to replace those deprecated items with Panorama X functions & statements, e.g. Pan 6: change / Pan X: batchreplace.
- I do not like the fact very much that every procedure opens in a separate window. Any chance that the Pan 6 statement GOPROCEDURE will have a comeback? Perhaps with an icon in the toolbar of the procedure window (next / previous procedure)?