Billion number limitation?

Hello,

We track mortgage transactions across Arkansas and there are several large corporate mortgages that come through for several billion. I’ve double-checked everything in the csv file that I receive to make sure the field is good to go. When I import it into Panorama it converts those to a negative number. Seems like 3 billion might be a threshold. I’ve tried everything I can with formatting the field but it doesn’t matter what changes I make. Is there a number limit in the Panorama programming?

Panorama 6 is a 32 bit application. The largest positive number it can support in an integer field is 2³¹-1, which is 2,147,483,647. A floating point field will be able to support much larger numbers.

Floating point data type will allow bigger numbers in Pan6. If you want bigger integers consider upgrading to PanX, which as a 64 bit program allows integers up to 2^63-1, ie. 9,223,372,036,854,775,807—big enough even for the US Federal ‘mortgage,’ aka ‘debt.’

Would have never figured that out. So you’re saying I can add 3,000,000,000.00?

Floating point precision is equivalent to a little better than 15 significant figures in decimal. If two of them come after the decimal point, that leaves 13 before it, so you should be able to work with a trillion dollars and still round to the nearest penny.