Anyone have a Procedure to produce a Calendar Invite in 6?

I have searched everywhere for a reference to calendar invites in the forums, Google, etc. to no avail. If it’s been discussed already, I can’t find it. So I feel it is safe to ask a question I would think someone has already solved.

I built my CRM system over the last 25 years using Panorama and am now constantly getting asked to provide calendar invites to my customers. Before I dive into the lengthy project of building my own generating procedure (adherent to https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5545 ), I was hoping someone had already tackled it.

Of course, if no one has, I would be happy to supply the end result to the community.

Hopefully,

Greg

If you’re referring to the ics files that can be included in an email, I’ve been doing them in Pan 6 and now in Pan X. It’s not as complex as the reference you found, but more than a quick post here would cover. I got it working originally by reverse engineering the internal structure of ics files created by other apps, then using Panorama to handle the data and save it as a .ics file, and it has worked very reliably.

Without explanation, here’s my code for it. Okay, I will explain that “fg” designates a file global with those values coming from a Panorama form.

Local lviCal, lvName, lvFolder
lviCal = “BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//Head4Web.com//Calendar//EN
BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY:”+fgEvent+“
UID:”+str(now())+“
DTSTART:”+datepattern((fgStartDate),"YYYYMMDD")+“T”+Timepattern(Time(fgStartTime),"HHMMSS")+“
DTEND:”+datepattern(?(fgEndDate=0,fgStartDate,fgEndDate),"YYYYMMDD")+“T”+Timepattern(Time(fgEndTime),"HHMMSS")+“
URL:”+fgURL+“
DESCRIPTION:”+fgNote+“
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR”

lvName = datepattern((fgStartDate),"YYYYMMDD")+“-”+Timepattern(Time(fgStartTime),"HHMMSS")+".ics"
savefiledialog lvFolder,lvName,"Save as..."

filesave lvFolder,lvName,"TEXTttxt",lviCal

You can also interface with the Mac Calendar app quite readily using Applescript. Although it’s old, the info at this MacTech page is still valid. I use it to set appointments in my Calendar with reminders or anything else offered by Calendar.

Thanks, James!

Just what I was looking for. I’ll put it to good use.

Best,

Greg